11 Nov 2014

Fellaini eyes fitness run


Marouane Fellaini has his sights set on steering clear of injury so he can consistently produce his best form for Manchester United this season.
The Belgian's first campaign with the Reds was disrupted by two significant sideline spells, as well as other niggling knocks. That robbed him of a chance to get into a rhythm or put together a sustained run in the side. In an in-depth interview with the new issue of the club magazine, Inside United, Fellaini explains that now he is back to full fitness he intends to stay that way.
"It’s difficult when you come in and then you stop for a few weeks or months because of injury, and you have to wait again,” he says. "I want to stay fit now – very fit. I feel I can be dangerous if I stay fit."
The 26-year-old has certainly looked just that in recent weeks: dangerous. He broke his scoring duck against West Brom with a rocket of a strike, and it was his header that rebounded for Robin van Persie to equalise against Chelsea the following week, while against Crystal Palace at the weekend he had an effort scrambled off the line.

It augurs well for the remainder of the season that Fellaini is causing so many problems in opposing boxes and it would be no surprise to see him add to his goal tally now he has his maiden Reds goal under his belt.
“Scoring the goal was a great feeling,” he added. “I had waited a long time for it! I ran straight to the fans when it went in because I wanted to celebrate with them. All the lads came over as well – everyone was happy for me and it has given me confidence but all of us were just pleased that we’d got back into the game. It was an important goal for the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment